Sunday, March 16, 2014

Pinterest is an Enabler

Yesterday a good friend of mine posted about how pinterest (Micheal's and hobby lobby) all make her feel inadequate. There was a pile on of support. Ladies who all feel like they should be craftier than they are but somehow fall short of Martha Stewart.

There are dozens of blogs devoted to Pinterest Fails. (You are not alone.)

By the way this is an awesome website to remind you that just because someone says it's "super easy" that the Internet is full of liars. It's a miracle anyone bothers to wear pants anymore.

Right now there are no less that 6 projects in my house that I found online and bought the supplies for.

Side note: I just scoured the Internet for images and almost started a shopping list. Will I never learn?

To be fair to myself and to make sure I don't feel like a total failure I have done some crafty things that worked out. I'm a big fan of the oil sharpies.
Wine glasses with inspirational quotes on them
Those things get well and truly used in this house.

Sadly I would have to call my record a losing one.
I tried this ombre dip dye with my shower curtain. First the color was nothing like the color on the box. Second it was blotchy and third it was possibly the ugliest thing ever. Said shower curtain is currently being used as a throw for when we are forced to sit on the ground at sporting events.

I bought the yarn and the glue for this project but have yet to attempt it. I just know it's going to be messy and sticky and dear god why did I think this was a good idea?

I bought a large mirror at a yard sale with this in mind. Right now it is sitting in my garage. It has been half covered with paper scraps and glue and I hate it. To be fair the paper I picked doesn't match anything in my house. Sometimes I get sucked in by pictures of much cooler houses and forget that I still have two kids and a dog and that a white couch is never going to happen.

This one seems easy enough right? How hard is it to cut a t shirt and tie some knots? Harder than you think if the three shirts I attempted to do this to are any indication.

So stay strong fellow crafting failures. You are in good company.



1 comment:

  1. This is the very reason I haven't got 'into' Pinterest - I would have all these half finished projects with wasted money that could have been better spent on chocolate or booze !!!
    Have the best day !
    Me

    ReplyDelete

my "mouthy" daughter

 The other day at Jiu Jitsu some dads commented on my daughter's "back talk". "If I'd have talked to my mother like t...