Thursday, July 24, 2014

My Son is an Inspiration

Not in the sense that he has done something that would make old ladies and moms smile with pride. Although he does do stuff like that sometimes.

Today though he was messing around on my phone and playing with all the sound clips I have downloaded on there as various alerts and ringers.

Included is of course the Rocky Theme.

Coming inside from the grocery store he kept playing it over and over and giggling. Then as we unpacked the last bag he paused the music and made this proclamation.

"I feel like I just accomplished something."



I had to agree. Theme music makes everything better.

Imagine scrubbing the casserole dish with this playing in the background? I bet you aren't even going to let it soak. You're going to think about Rocky hammering into that side of beef and before you know it the dish is going to be spotless.

What about while you are mowing the lawn? I bet that lawn will be done before you know it.

I'm going to see if this kind of psychological motivation works the next time I have something I really don't want to do like scrubbing the bathroom or folding the laundry.

I'm probably going to become immune to this song though so if you have any other suggestions let's hear them.



3 comments:

  1. I wish I had a suggestion - but my mind is fried from another mind-numbing day of shuffling papers.

    But I agree...if I had some awesome theme music then maybe the day wouldn't have been so mind numbing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're hilarious, I love your blog!!

    ReplyDelete

my "mouthy" daughter

 The other day at Jiu Jitsu some dads commented on my daughter's "back talk". "If I'd have talked to my mother like t...