Friday, March 25, 2016

I can't....

Sure we are never supposed to say we can't do something. That is the thing we repeat over and over again to each little special snowflake, but the reality is there are somethings we can't do.

Okay maybe shouldn't is a better word.

Yeah, lets go with shouldn't.

YOU CAN DO WHATEVER YOU WANT.

Why are we talking about this you might be thinking? A perfectly reasonable thing to think since as of right now I've given you no context or background and maybe you're starting to think I've finally snapped and sure that is possible but not likely right now.

Right now I'm talking about this because I got a massage today.

A very special treat I only indulge in about once a year.

As usually it was awesome but it got me thinking.

Masseur is NOT the job for me.

Not because I don't want to touch other people. Nope. Although I can admit that isn't that appealing. Instead it's because my hands are ALWAYS cold. Right now as I type this I am sitting on the couch in shorts and a t shirt. The window is open and there is a cool breeze. I am very comfortable. No need to pull the blanket off the back of the couch and get snuggly. I'm GTG (good to go).

BUT I can guarantee, despite all of that, my hands are like ice.

Normally this doesn't effect my day. Although I'm pretty sure Triple S would disagree as he is usually employed as my de facto hand warmer.

But that is because my job isn't to sooth people's tired muscles. No one wants COLD hands on them. It just wouldn't work.

So sure I guess I COULD be a masseur but I sure wouldn't be a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

my "mouthy" daughter

 The other day at Jiu Jitsu some dads commented on my daughter's "back talk". "If I'd have talked to my mother like t...