Friday, March 29, 2019

100 AGAIN

Today's workout was another 100 rep challenge.

You remember I got stupid last time and ended up pushing myself.

Not a bad thing. Seriously. You SHOULD FOR SURE PUSH YOURSELF to find your limit.

But this isn't some motivational speech bullshirt.

I don't have time for that, not to mention motivation is crap.

PS I totally have time to go into that but I'm still not going to.


So back to the workout today:

100 bench presses at 50% of your 1 rep max.

Now I haven't pushed my bench in a bit because I got jacked up. I haven't talked about this on here but I messed up my shoulder at the Ranger Up Grappling Classic in November.

By messed up I mean I partially tore my rotator cuff and tore my labrum. So like real real messed up but not enough to require surgery! Yeah. So since November it has been gentle lifting, no hard rolling and lots of complaining.

Finally though it is starting to feel better. FINALLY!!

So 63 pounds go on the bar and the bar gets pushed up 100 times.

I did a better job of estimating this time because I sure as hell wasn't going to do another 100.

It's funny. It seems like such a big number but when you chip away at it you're suddenly done and 100 doesn't seem like much at all.

Just 4 x 25
or 5 x 20
or 10 x 10

I mean there are so many variations and you don't even need to make the groupings the same number. You can switch it up however you want. Seriously you are the boss.

So basically I made another 100 rep challenge my bish!







No comments:

Post a Comment

my "mouthy" daughter

 The other day at Jiu Jitsu some dads commented on my daughter's "back talk". "If I'd have talked to my mother like t...