Monday, February 25, 2013

Irony, thy name is Thursday.

Recently Triple S and I agreed that two kids are enough for this fantastic family. I'm not getting any younger and diapers aren't getting any cheaper.

I'm a bit of a space case though and I'm not a huge fan of Russian roulette so the doc and I had a chat and we agreed on a plan. A simple outpatient procedure and then I don't have to worry about any more babies.

It's weird. I love babies! Especially my sweet blonde babies. They were so cute and snuggly and wonderful easy going babies but I don't want to go back to carrying a diaper bag everywhere with me.

So in I went. After a long talk about not needing the pain medication the Doc recommended. (I'm a bit insane.) I laid on the table for an hour, had some coffee and then went to the gym.

In order to confirm that it was a success I needed an ultra sound so this past Thursday I headed over to hospital. I laid on another table and confirmation was received.

I can no longer have children. (wow that sounds so final. I feel like I should insert an evil sound effect here.)

Obviously the only logical thing upon hearing this news would be to head up to the 3rd floor for a visit to Labor and Delivery.

What?

Confused?

Yeah I know. Not exactly a normal person's first stop but a good friend had just given birth to a little girl the night before. Even better was when after ten minutes of holding her sweet new baby my doctor walked in. You can imagine the confused look on his face when he saw me there.

I just laughed and headed out the door. I was late for Cardio Ballistic! (did I mention I was insane?)

My sweet, sweet babies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

my "mouthy" daughter

 The other day at Jiu Jitsu some dads commented on my daughter's "back talk". "If I'd have talked to my mother like t...