Saturday, April 16, 2016

I'm fixed?

Remember when I told you all about my FIRST broken bone

Well it's 'fixed' now. Or it's improved like bionic style.

This is the surgery, not mine but the same thing.


That isn't what this is about though.

Even if you've never had surgery I'm sure you still know about the no food or drink after midnight. It's the same rule as Gremlins. And since you are a huge fan of this blog you also know that I get HANGRY. Well if you mix that in with my lack of coffee it was a rough morning.

At some point while I was hanging out in my beautiful hospital gown some one walked by with the above mentioned drink of the gods. Broken wrist or not I was pretty sure I could take them.

This was when the anesthesiologist asked me about how much coffee I drink. I admit I got a little cagey because I was worried that they would cancel my surgery. I mean the nurse told me I wasn't even allowed to chew gum, crazy town!

She wasn't trying to trap me in a lie though. She was making sure I didn't have a caffeine headache from the lack of coffee.  I am one of those weirdos that LOVES coffee but can go days without drinking it and still not have a problem.

However if I did have a headache she was prepared to give me caffeine in my IV.

Yes, you read that right.  A COFFEE IV!!!!!!!

I have a bionic wrist and coffee IV is a real thing. Basically the world is full of rainbows and unicorns. Although this could be the drugs talking?


No comments:

Post a Comment

my "mouthy" daughter

 The other day at Jiu Jitsu some dads commented on my daughter's "back talk". "If I'd have talked to my mother like t...