Sunday, April 28, 2013

Old life vs New life

I went to lunch the other day with my "gym rat" (this is what triple S calls them) friends after a great workout. We were sweaty and smelly and smiling.

Word on the street is I'm getting this on a t-shirt.
Part of me feels bad when I do this. I'm not pretty post workout. It might actually ruin some one's lunch.


Who am I kidding. I don't care if their meal is ruined. I'm selfish like that.


After a little while another group of smiling ladies came in. They were wearing suits and heels and although I didn't check I would guess they smelled much nicer than I did.

While my ladies talked about protein shakes and the "insanity challenge" I couldn't help but remember a time when my conversations revolved around process management and synergy.

I sat at a desk all day and counted the minutes till coffee break with my fellow cubicle dwellers. I don't want it to sound all bad. I liked my job. I was good at it. I liked the mental challenge. Sometimes I even liked the problems.

This photo is sucking the life out of me.
There is something very liberating about yelling at a trucker with less than family friendly language.

But that is all done now. I stay home. For the most part. I have a job but it is much less that 45+ hours a week and I don't get to yell at anyone anymore. I do get to put them in time-out though, not sure it that is the same or not?


 Where was I going with this?

Oh yeah. Old vs New.

I'm not going to say which is better and make feminists or home makers angry. I don't need that kind of grief.

It's just different.





F-IT! This life is much better.

Let the feminist rants commence.

No comments:

Post a Comment

my "mouthy" daughter

 The other day at Jiu Jitsu some dads commented on my daughter's "back talk". "If I'd have talked to my mother like t...