Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Reading is Fundamental

I think at this point everyone is aware that I am a lunatic. Seriously. I've given you enough proof.

Here's the coolest part about being crazy though.

Other crazy people.

I know a lot, of varying degrees of course. (you can't have a bunch of tens. That never ends well.)

Back on point.

This is the picture one of those awesomely crazy people posted on Instagram (yeah I have one of those accounts too.) Found in a nice little antique shop. (The aforementioned friend, April, LOVES her some vintage. )

I feel like the baby can see my soul.
80 cents and this little gem could have been on her night stand. I have to admit that I'm just a little disappointed that she didn't get it. They call that buyer's remorse.

Seriously, what does this baby know? Is it some sort of demon baby? Does it involve Milk and BGH?

This book is deep. On one level it has a half naked man holding a tiny baby. Two things genetically designed to drawn women in.

So sure you grab it and you start checking it out. You can't deny a million years of evolution ladies!

Staring at the cover I started thinking up a whole backstory. Kind of like a superhero but for a creepy romance novels. I imagine it sat in those "leave a book, take a book" bins you find at post offices and nursing homes. The ones filled with the worst paperbacks ever published.



It's cursed. It has to be cursed and if you are unlucky enough to bring it home then you too, are cursed.

You wake up on the 4th day (yeah, that is random.) and suddenly your house is buried under primary colored toys and you can't remember the last time you showered. Your clothes all have some dark colored stain on them and you can't form sentences without adding extra syllables to all the nouns.

Where is the shirtless man? You may wonder. Keep on wondering. This book offers no answers, only questions.  Questions that will haunt you all of your days.

Okay maybe that's a bit extreme but I think we can all agree this book is weird.


Side note:
If you want this book you can get it used from $.01, new in 1999 it was only $4.25. I wonder if there is a Kindle version?  (I just checked. There is.)

Curiosity and the Internet is a BAD COMBO!

I won't go into too many details but the truth about "the baby" involves a Navy Seal named Quinn Keelor and a beautiful stranger (are there any other kind?)

I have a sickness. I'm going to bed now before I buy the kindle version. Darn you Evolution!!!



OMG I just remembered that another friend asked me to be in her book club. This is totally going to be my first pick.

No comments:

Post a Comment

my "mouthy" daughter

 The other day at Jiu Jitsu some dads commented on my daughter's "back talk". "If I'd have talked to my mother like t...