Wednesday, November 14, 2012

This is NOT a Political Post

I repeat! NOT a political post.

My kids are awesome.

I might have mentioned this before, and yes I realize I am slightly biased but that doesn't change their aweseomness.

You might have noticed earlier this month it was election day. Between the robo calls, nasty commercials, debates, recap, speeches, fundraisers, stumping (still not sure what that means), baby kissing, finger pointing, pundit screaming.....

Sorry. I got caught up for a moment.

So unless you live in a bomb shelter or the dark ages (no I don't mean you NY and NJ) you know election day is a big day for politicians.

I won't tell you how I voted or why because this is NOT a political post. I might have mentioned that already. I will talk about my kids now.

Between my preschoolers on Monday and my daughters kindergarten class on Tuesday I got to hear some colorful descriptions of the two gentlemen running for the white house.

Side note: Please remember even when you think your kids aren't paying attention they hear everything you say. I'm not kidding. EVERYTHING!

Triple S and I try and keep our angry discourse down to a minimum around tiny ears. Not because we are awesome parents or because we are smart and all knowing. Although that would be great.

Nope. We don't talk politics because, although we usually agree on most subjects, my language can get pretty colorful. Think sailors or truck drivers. Sometimes I even use sci-fi bad words and combine others to increase their potency. It's a problem.

Side note: This is also the reason I don't watch reality TV. Too much yelling at the TV. Stupidity brings out some serious rage in me. Singing shows being the only exception.

This is Photoshopped so no reason to call PETA please.


Back on topic. My kids had no real preconceived notions about who would be a better choice for the job so among their deciding criteria were looks (they're kids, don't judge them), experience, mistakes, and pet choices.

Needless to say the two of them had some heated debates.


In the end there were siblings divided. Only one woke up happy the next day.

Well until I announced it was toaster strudel for breakfast. Then everyone was smiles again.

So here's hoping if you woke up unhappy because of the results that something as simple as a frozen breakfast treat can still make you smile.

Plus this is AMERICA. You don't see anybody trying to sneak into Russia do you? Well unless it's to rescue their kidnapped daughter /wife/ x CIA partner and we all know that unless you have a number of high caliber, fully automatic weapons that is a no fun trip.
You can seriously find anything on the Internet. It's AWESOME. (I love that word.)









No comments:

Post a Comment

my "mouthy" daughter

 The other day at Jiu Jitsu some dads commented on my daughter's "back talk". "If I'd have talked to my mother like t...