Thursday, August 16, 2012

Hair Cut



Sorry but that is about as clever as the title is going to get.

So in a week my brother is getting married. I have a dress and some fancy shoes all picked out.

The kids are all set too. Fancy clothes for everyone!

I'm not exactly a high maintenance kind of girl so I've been trying to think what I could do with my hair. I watched a few YouTube videos about curling hair and a few that would help me get 'veronica lake' waves.

Basically I have no idea what I am doing.

I decided to try pin curls. So the other night after my shower I pinned the whole thing up. It only took about 15 minutes and I was pretty impressed that I managed it.

The results were not exactly what I had in mind.

 

Oh wait sorry. That not the right picture.

 There we go. All I'm missing is the bow.

So yeah. Basically I looked like a bad SNL character. I'm not funny either.

While this is entertaining it isn't exactly the 'look' I was aiming for so I called the salon and am getting my hair cut today. (Triple S, please count this as fair warning that you should comment on my hair when you get off the boat.)

I'm hoping for something amazing but it will probably just be a bob.

Maybe I'll just shave half of it and dye the rest pink? (Probably not though since I'm not 22)

Update:
I love my new haircut. I feel so much lighter. Plus I got talk about NJ at the salon. One of the hairdressers had just moved down here. We bonded over volume control issues and hand talking.

3 comments:

  1. "(Triple S, please count this as fair warning that you should comment on my hair when you get off the boat.)"
    NOTED!
    I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Werde jetzt Haarkünstler*in Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon. Big thanks for the useful info.

    ReplyDelete

my "mouthy" daughter

 The other day at Jiu Jitsu some dads commented on my daughter's "back talk". "If I'd have talked to my mother like t...